Trejana

Mark Wills ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews

I'm an avid reader and reviewer of m/m fiction. I also love historical novels and crime / thrillers.

Out of the Past
Jeffrey Ballam
The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

On The Dock

On The Dock - Kade Boehme I have just been reduced to tears in 13 pages!!! Literally, this story moved me to watery eyes and a lump in my throat.

"Tis better to have loved and lost: Than never to have loved at all"

How many times as this quote from Lord Tennyson been cited. With this story it really hits the mark. When Nick and Will meet it is literally love at first sight. They only have a short time together before Will has to leave for foreign shores as he is in the military. This was the beginning of the end.

I couldn't believe that so much emotion could be packed into so few pages. It is a story of longing and absence, of waiting and hope.Love takes many forms and the one true love never leaves you. It stays with you for the rest of your life. If we could all be so lucky. Maybe it has to do with my ten year military background and know exactly what it is to wait for or to be waited for by a loved one when away. The worry and angst of whether they may come back or not. The joy when you hold someone in your arms after being parted for such a long time. This story has it all and more.

After reading this story then take a look at this YouTube video clip. I believe it to be a very fitting addition to this story.

Homecoming

Do Nick and Will get thier HEA? Well, they do of sorts.