Trejana

Mark Wills ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews

I'm an avid reader and reviewer of m/m fiction. I also love historical novels and crime / thrillers.

Out of the Past
Jeffrey Ballam
The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)

Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4) - Josh Lanyon OK, where do I begin? I really liked this book and agree with everyone else that it is definitely the best in the series to date. It was great to see how Adrien has grown fond of his new family, especially the youngest sister Emma. Also his sense of humour is always as acid as ever. The murder / mystery was well thought out and had me guessing all the way to the end. What a scheming manipulative person Paul Kane is, like dancing with a cobra.

However, I felt for me personally this is still a four star book and doesn't quite make the five. Why? Well, even when Jake came crawling back, Adrien's hormones take over and they end up at it again like rabbits. Jake was still with his wife and doing the dirty with Paul Kane all at the same time. This could possibly be OK for fiction but I feel that either Adrien is seriously a sucker for punishment, has no self-respect or has no control over his physical urges. This narked me a bit that he could still be so stupid to be used and abused so easily. I know no one is perfect, but if Jake wanted to come crawling back then Adrien should have made sure Jake had cleared the slate first. Sorry, but it's only my personal little criticism that didn't sit so well with me. I'm probably putting mind over hormones here, but I have been known to do this in the name of self- preservation - lol!

Anyway, after all is said and done the story still ended on a WOW as if Jake had seen the light at long last, even if it did take a bullet to do it. So a least the hulk is is now out, which isn't isn't as easy as it sounds either, and hope that Adrien will support him in his new life and venture. Lets see what book five brings!